Hello my Name is Myles and I am a graduate of Cal Poly Humboldt with a Bachelors of Science degree in Sustainable Communities and a minor in Appropriate Technology.(2012) I now work as a Permaculturist and Natural Builder. I have worked on Projects throughout the United States and Central America. Please view some of the pages linked from this page for more information.
Contributions[edit | edit source]
- CCAT natural wall construction
- Arcata Marsh treatment wetlands
- CCAT PV system energy analysis#US National Grid Mix: 2009
Interests in Appropriate Technology[edit | edit source]
My interests in Appropriate Technology run deep. I believe that we, as human beings, owe it to ourselves and the earth to adapt our technologies to minimize negative impact; in short. My particular interests include (but are not limited to):
Experience in Appropriate Technology[edit | edit source]
- I have participated in natural building projects.
- I have participated in many projects around CCAT (Campus Center for Appropriate Technology).
- I have worked with a micro hydro system in rural Montana.
Interests in Technology and the Environment[edit | edit source]
- I wish to more computationally understand technological processes
- I want to better understand cradle to cradle/grave cycles
- And as always renewable energy and its environmental consequences
Experience in Technology and/or the Environment[edit | edit source]
- I have taken several ENGR courses at Humboldt State including ENGR 305 - Appropriate Technology, ENGR 308 - Technology and the Environment, ENGR 115 - Intro to Environmental Engineering
- I have worked with Microsoft Excel to create technological analysis spreadsheets