We continue to develop resources related to the COVID-19 pandemic. See COVID-19 initiatives on Appropedia for more information.
Hi there! My name is Lewis Marshall. I'm currently an Undergraduate Student at Michigan Tech working on a Bachelor's Degree in Materials Science Engineering, after which I will be pursuing a PhD in the same field. I previously attended Oxford High School, and have earned an International Baccalaureate Diploma, which gives me an open, analytical and contemplative view of the world.
Making the technology of today accessible to everyone is the best way to bring about peace and prosperity. We'r here to help do that!
- Recycling waste plastics into 3D printer filament, currently working on PET from common water bottles.
- Nanotechnology applications, such as ferrofluids, nanorobotics and material reinforcement.
- Pykrete and constructing structures out of ice and snow. Manipulating properties of ice.
- Aluminium casting, using investment casting and conventional sand casting, the enhancement of the use of 3D-printed patterns.
- Autodesk Inventor
- NX 9.0 CAD Software
- Blender Open-source 3D modeling
- Makerbot Replicator 2X and the Makerware software.
- Corrosion Laboratory equipment
- Chemical Preparation
- Use Information Science skills
- General Mechanical tools
- Construction of a Chainmail loop machine. 
- Informal experiments with Pykrete composite material.
- Casting experience with aluminum alloys using evaporated plastics and foams. 
- Materials Lab Assistant to Valeo Materials Expert in Valeo Powertrain Thermal Systems, 2014+2015
- FIRST Robotics Team 2137 CAD Designer, 2012
- Boy Scouts of America