@Sophivorus: I want to write the documentation for this template, but I need to ask about the following fields:
- type: should we define a few options (nonprofit, hotel, business)?
- area served, focus and methods: what do these mean?
- @Emilio: This infobox was here before I arrived and I just updated the fields to the new format, so I'm not 100% what they mean. From their use on various organization pages, I infer that "area served" means the area where the organization works (can be a country, a region, a continent, etc), "focus" I think means what's the main kind of work it does, such as composting, conservation, networking, etc., "methods" not sure, and "type" is kind of a mess (see Search and select "Organization"). I wouldn't hesitate to change or remove fields that are too vague or useless. Eventually, as more and more organization pages use this infobox and we get more and more acquainted with them, patterns will emerge that will lead us to standardize. Finally, you may save yourself a lot of work by checking out how the documentation at Template:Infobox project works. It's basically auto-generated by Template:Documentation/infobox out of the template data at Template:Infobox project/doc. Cheers! Sophivorus (talk) 18:26, 16 December 2020 (UTC)
homepage / websites and active?[edit source]
Is there a way of making the homepage or website a little easier on the eye? eg as in the wikipedia version W.
Perhaps we need some guideline re active? I'd go for something like 'any online activity in the past 12 months?'
- Oh, one more question I forgot to ask, should we be attempting to include any sort of references for the source of the info? or is it that the homepage is seen as sufficient? Philralph (talk) 11:38, 16 December 2020 (UTC)
- @Philralph Hi! I'm glad you tried the infobox! I just generalized the homepage field so that it now accepts several links, renamed it to "links" (let me know if you want to call it "hompage", "sites" or whatever) and improved the display of the links, check out Transition Network! Notice that the https://, www. and trailing slash are hidden, so that https://www.transitionnetwork.org/ turns into transitionnetwork.org (I think that showing the URL is actually important, as users like me draw useful information from it). I also added a tooltip next to the "Active" field when editing organization pages with the organization form, that defines "active" as "Any online activity in the past 12 months?". You can edit the Form:Organization if you want to tweak the tooltip. Finally, regarding the need to add references, do you mean references in the infobox? If so, then yes, I think they'd be valuable but they may be quite tricky to add, so give me a while to figure it out. Cheers! Sophivorus (talk) 18:14, 16 December 2020 (UTC)