Annotations to navigate the video
- #0:21 How to use Appropedia as a resource to improve video classes
- #01:19 Create an account
- #02:04 Set up a user page
- #03:09 Why use Appropedia for a college/university course?
- #05:18 What if I don't want other users to edit my course page?
- #06:11 How to use Appropedia to build a community?
- #06:50 How powerful is Appropedia as a teaching tool?
Service learning as a teaching method combines community service with academic instruction that focuses on critical, reflective thinking and civic responsibility. Service learning programs involve students in organized community service that addresses local and global needs, while developing their academic skills, sense of civic responsibility, and commitment to the community. Internships offer ways individuals can learn from valuable work experiences while also contributing to the host's mission.
Service learning using Appropedia helps to create an essential knowledge base for the world via learning experiences for individuals and classes.
The Appropedia Foundation and the Appropedia community work with universities via service learning courses, as well as service learning programs to create these opportunities. Appropedia internships also offer opportunities for service learning.