Common technologies[edit | edit source]
Text/SMS[edit | edit source]
Phone-based live connection to teachers[edit | edit source]
Interactive Voice Response (IVR)[edit | edit source]
Literature Review[edit | edit source]
- Sahu, M., Grover, A., & Joshi, A. (2014). Role of mobile phone technology in health education in Asian and African countries: a systematic review. International journal of electronic healthcare, 7(4), 269-286.
- Jeong, S. J., Lim, K., Ko, Y. J., Sim, H., & Kim, K. Y. (2010). The analysis of trends in smart phone applications for education and suggestions for improved educational use. Journal of Digital Contents Society, 11(2), 203-216.
- Lau, C. Q., Sanders, H., & Lombaard, A. (2019). Questionnaire Design in Short Message Service (SMS) Surveys. Field Methods, 31(3), 214–229. doi:10.1177/1525822x19862506
- Abu Ziden, A. and Faizal Abdul Rahman, M. (2013), "Using SMS quiz in teaching and learning", Campus-Wide Information Systems, Vol. 30 No. 1, pp. 63-72. https://doi.org/10.1108/1065074131
- Lamont, K., Sliwa, K., Stewart, S., Carrington, M., Pretorius, S., Libhaber, E., … Klipstein-Grobusch, K. (2016). Short message service (SMS) as an educational tool during pregnancy: A literature review. Health Education Journal, 75(5), 540–552. doi:10.1177/0017896915607910
- Yarahmadzehi, N., & Goodarzi, M. (2020). Investigating the Role of Formative Mobile Based Assessment in Vocabulary Learning of Pre-Intermediate EFL Learners in Comparison with Paper Based Assessment. Turkish Online Journal of Distance Education, 21(1), 181-196.
- Fuad, M., Deb, D., Etim, J., & Gloster, C. (2018). Mobile response system: a novel approach to interactive and hands-on activity in the classroom. Educational Technology Research and Development, 66(2), 493–514. doi:10.1007/s11423-018-9570-5
- Sahin, M. (2019). Classroom Response Systems as a Formative Assessment Tool: Investigation into Students' Perceived Usefulness and Behavioural Intention. International Journal of Assessment Tools in Education, 6(4), 693-705.
- Brett, P. (2011). Students’ experiences and engagement with SMS for learning in Higher Education. Innovations in Education and Teaching International, 48(2), 137–147. doi:10.1080/14703297.2011.564008
- Mir, K., Iqbal, M. Z., & Shams, J. A. (2020). An Investigation of AIOU Students’ Satisfaction About Formative M-Assessment Using SMS Technology. Pakistan Journal Of Distance And Online Learning, 5(2).