6.Effect of dust, humidity and air velocity on efficiency of photovoltaic cells
Mekhilef, S., Saidur, R. and Kamalisarvestani, M., 2012. Effect of dust, humidity and air velocity on efficiency of photovoltaic cells. Renewable and sustainable energy reviews, 16(5), pp.2920-2925. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1364032112001050
- AM1.5 is addressed as the standard test condition in solar cell design
- PV cell efficiency
- To maximize the output power and the efficiency of solar cells simply the Voc, Isc and FF should be boosted up.
- Effect of dust: excessive dust accumulation results in deterioration of solar cell's quality and fill factor. Dust promotes dust, so that the performance of PV modules declines exponentially with more dust pile up
- Effect of humidity: Failure at cell interconnections or cracked cells happens in crystalline silicon cells and failure at scribe lines is the dominant cause of cell thin-film modules degradation
- Effect of wind velocity: As the air velocity increases the cell temperature will drop and better PV cell efficiency will be resulted.
7. Impact of dust on solar photovoltaic (PV) performance: Research status, challenges and recommendations
Mani, M. and Pillai, R., 2010. Impact of dust on solar photovoltaic (PV) performance: Research status, challenges and recommendations. Renewable and sustainable energy reviews, 14(9), pp.3124-3131. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1364032110002455
- The characteristics of dust settlement on PV systems are dictated by : the property of dust and the local environment.
- The property of dust, its accumulation/aggregation and the surface finish of the settling surface (PV) influence efficiency.
- Dust settlement decreases with an increase in tilt from the horizontal
- Tilt angles less than 30° the dust deposition decreases.
- The developed empirical correlation was accurate to ±6% and allowed for calculation transmittance reduction in glass transmittance for a given tilt angle and exposure (days) to the atmosphere.