The internet is the world's largest coal-powered machine. It is increasingly controlled by a few tech companies and is under threat of becoming a monoculture. We envision an internet that is sustainable and just. The internet should be a global public resource: one that is fossil-free, open and accessible to all, and in service to the diverse needs of people everywhere. We'll discuss:
- How can the open internet dismantle the power structures that delay climate action?
- How can the open movement accelerate the internet's transition from fossil fuels?
- How can the internet itself become a sustainable and positive force for climate justice?
- August 31st, 2021: 10am ET
- Facilitator: Michelle Thorne (Mozilla Foundation)
- Presenter: Chris Adams (Green Web Foundation)