OLPC content bundles
When the OLPC's XO laptops are delivered to children around the world, they have a selection of content pre-installed. This includes content in their own language and other languages; it includes:
- content that we would easily recognize as educational material;
- games; and
- knowledge about wellbeing, sustainability, making efficient use of resources, and building resilient communities.
It is in the last category that Appropedia acts as a gathering point for knowledge. For Appropedia's work on contributing bundles, see Appropedia's OLPC content bundle.
How to contribute[edit | edit source]
So you want to contribute to contribute to the OLPC content bundles, and want to know how?
- Use an open license for your work. All content that is pre-installed on XOs must have a open license - usually this is CC-BY-SA or CC-BY but there are other acceptable licenses.
- Either make a content bundle yourself, or share the content on a collection point site, such as Appropedia. Sharing it here:
- gives it more visibility, and gives access to a wider group of readers and contributors, besides XO users.
- avoids the technical details of making your own bundle.
- invites contributions to develop the content is further.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If you are not able to use an open license - usually because you have open access or non-commercial licensed content - but you still want to share, then you will have to do it through other channels. Consider working with one of the offline content collaborations, and perhaps leave a note on Talk:Offline content collaborations.