Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Modular PC104 Case
Understanding the market
PC104 stacks are commonly used in automation and controls applications which could be a potentially hazardous environment for sensitive electronics
The goal for this project was to create an easily 3D printed, easily modifiable, and fully modular case for a PC104 stack of unknown size.
|Modular PC104 Stack Enclosure|
Height should be 17mm for a single and 34 for a double height module. Keep the outer clearance above 12.7mm to allow room for mating connectors. Decreasing wall thickness beyond 10mm may compromise mounting holes. The connector holes are stored in an array of an array of parameters. [pins2cablewidth(# pins),cable thickness,side,x offset,y offset]
- side starts at 0 on the ISA bus side and increments as you rotate counterclockwise.
- x offset is from bottom left corner of PC104 module (when the side is facing you).
- y offset is from the center of the case.
Mechanical Assembly Instructions
Remove flashing and push.
|Plastic||~150 grams per section on average||$3.33|
- Rendering time is excessive!
- Tab dimensions don't always match on the bottom of the mid section and top
- Clips don't always fit together perfectly
- Simply model & lower resolution
- Fix tab code
- Increase tolerances on clips