Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Jellybox improvement based on 40. Composite materials
Notice: Broad and/or obvious patent claims for 3-D printing technology may hamper the open-source 3-D printing community's ability to innovate. Previous work on an algorithm protected 3-D printing materials. This page is part of a Open Source 3-D Printing class project to investigate 3-D printing concepts using TRIZ and is presented here as a defensive publication of prior art to help identify obvious 'inventions' for 3-D printing.
Examiners: The ideas on this page dated April 2017 were developed by university students with less than a semester of formal 3-D printing experience (or by an instructor in class) and thus should be considered unpatentable because of obviousness to any person skilled in the art of additive manufacturing.
Appropedians: This page is open edit. Please fee free to add ideas and sign them below with ~~~~ or to use any of the ideas to built better open-source 3-D printers.
- Enabling of a basis for standardized filament
- Printer body made from same materials for ease of construction
- Removal of all 3rd party plastic components
- Enable the ability to select a printers component material
- Printer made out of carbon fiber for regularity and high quality control
- Duel extruder heads for duel filament types
- Subtracted printer frame for less material use
- Base plate differences for filament removal
- Temperature controlled printer manufactured environment
- Added materials to printer case for removal of access points
- Increasing the number of supports between the case and the surface
- Adding printer filament reload cartridge
- Smelting side box for filament recycle into filament wire
- Limiting printer case frame for cheaper construction
- Automatic filament reloading system for continuous printing
- ability to print food
- Ability to dissolve entire printer into base component for easy re-printing
- Ability to print rock and metal type components
- Ability to weld two prints together
- Ability to print circuits and high quality wire
- Ability to fabrics
- Ability to print micro-nano-tubes
- Ability to print plasma state matter
- Ability to add liquid type components to fill print
- Ability to manufacture batman materials