Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Jellybox improvement based on 3. Local Quality
open-source 3-D printing community's ability to innovate. Previous work on an algorithm protected 3-D printing materials. This page is part of a Open Source 3-D Printing class project to investigate 3-D printing concepts using TRIZ and is presented here as a defensive publication of prior art to help identify obvious 'inventions' for 3-D printing.
Examiners: The ideas on this page dated April 2017 were developed by university students with less than a semester of formal 3-D printing experience (or by an instructor in class) and thus should be considered unpatentable because of obviousness to any person skilled in the art of additive manufacturing.
Appropedians: This page is open edit. Please fee free to add ideas and sign them below with ~~~~ or to use any of the ideas to built better open-source 3-D printers.
Thebcm27 (talk) 07:00, 24 April 2017 (PDT)Forest.andresen (talk) 07:11, 24 April 2017 (PDT)
- Improvement based on local quality**
- Temperature controlled room for print quality control
- Air-flow controlled room for print quality control
- Humidity controlled room for print quality control
- Vibration free environment
- Use of high quality filament
- Continuous printing time
- Monitor with intelligent system to auto-correct printer quality controls
- Secure the printer onto a table to avoid vibrations
- Matching aesthetics, ie color, box design
- Add another extruder for printer efficiency
- Laser for accurate distance measurements
- Implement self cleaning device
- More effective renewable cooling system
- Smaller extruder head size
- Upgrade to more accurate stepper motor
- Upgrade to non expanding belt system
- Upgraded to heated build plate
- Enable auto printing system based on queue
- Implement object removal device (non boxing glove method)
- Restart on bad print findings based upon monitoring system
- Print higher resolution for tighter quality
- Automatically reloads filament when empty
- Disable access filament movement with restraints
- Print file correcting repair tool
- Continuous power back up battery for power failure control