New book - 'Building a Better World in Your Backyard' - on Kickstarter (sponsored friend)
Interwiki collaboration month
Interwiki collaboration month is a proposal originating from the Sustainable Community Action wiki to promote and encourage interwiki collaboration on any aspect of sustainability or sustainable development.
- June, each year, starting in 2009
Plenty of time to prepare, fits in with green festivals (summer months, northern hemisphere - see note below), might fit in well with one of proposed topics for 2009
The idea is to collaborate on expanding a common pool knowledge from which everyone can share on one or a few main topics each year
- June 2009 proposal - something like 'Low carbon futures' or 'How can we reduce our carbon footprint' - which might fit in well with the lead up to United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, COP-15 (November 2009)
- Collaboration is a good thing!
- if a whole range of wiki can be seen to be working together this may be more impressive to potential users, and so used in promotion of individual wiki to wider audiences
- low cost - only commitment is to collaborate on at least one topic on at least one wiki (preferably including at least one different to that which normally contribute to) during the month
- Peoples' Sustainability Symposium
Original proposal posted on the first 5 wikis, but of course the list can be added to:
Responses: please add your response, or see others on the SCA page
(not intended to be a northern hemisphere / developed world only thing, but specifically to try and include or be open to majority world / developing world also)