|License||CC BY-SA 4.0|
|Translate to||Français, Español, Kiswahili, 中文, العربية, Русский, more|
|Export to||PDF, LaTeX, EPUB, ODT|
|Cite as Jonathan Ansumana (2021). "Hand Powered Washing Machine". Appropedia. Retrieved 2021-10-24.|
This is a Hand Powered Washing Machine. The purpose of this project is to make it easier to wash clothing. Washing clothes by hand can be strenuous, and the soap water may soak your hands. With this device, one can rotate the device 3/4 clock and counter clockwise for about 20-30 minutes and their laundry will be clean.
Bill of Materials[edit | edit source]
- Bar 1 (1x) https://www.appropedia.org/File:Bar1.scad
- Bar 2 (1x) https://www.appropedia.org/File:Bar2.scad
- Bar 3 (2x) https://www.appropedia.org/File:Bar3.scad
- Bar 4 (1x) https://www.appropedia.org/File:Bar4.scad
- Bar 5 (1x) https://www.appropedia.org/File:Bar5.scad
- Bottom Ball (1x) https://www.appropedia.org/File:BottomBall.scad
- Flipper (3x) https://www.appropedia.org/File:Flipper.scad
- Wheel (1x) https://www.appropedia.org/File:Wheel.scad
Tools needed[edit | edit source]
- Jellybox or similar RepRap 3-D printer
- PLA Filament
Technical Specifications and Assembly Instructions[edit | edit source]
- Provide directions for print/assembly - be detailed enough in your "how to" to ensure that someone could construct the device from your description. Consider the elegance of IKEA like instructions.
- Include print time estimate
Instructions: If you are using a jelly box printer, print everything at 46% scale in Cura DO NOT PRINT WITH A BRIM DO NOT USE SUPPORT IN CURA Step 1: Print the Wheel (5hrs) Step 2: Print Bar 1 (20 Min) Step 3: Print Bar 2 (20 Min) Step 4: Print 2 Bar 3'S (40 Min) Step 5: Print Bar 4 (30 Min) Step 6: Print Bar 5 (20 Min) Step 7: Use a hammer to join Bar 1, 2, 3 together.
Step 8: Join bar three with the first Bar 3, but with the hole facing the opposite direction of Bar 1.
Step 9: Use a hammer to join Bar 4 with Bar 3. Step 10: Use a hammer to join Bar 5 to the bottom of Bar 4. Step 11: Print the Bottom Ball. Step 12: Attach Bar 5 to the Bottom Ball. Step 13: Print the Flippers. Step 14: Attach the Flippers to Bar 5 and Bar 4. Step 15: Attach Bar 1 to the Wheel. It takes at most 30 minutes to Assemble.
Common Problems and Solutions[edit | edit source]
- Include common mistakes/problems to avoid in building your OSAT and how to overcome them