Goals[edit | edit source]
Welcome to the session!
Our goal today is to introduce the team's proposed approach to the project, validate our first prototype and discuss next steps.
Logistics[edit | edit source]
Please choose a test user and password to use during the session, and log in.
[Usernames and passwords removed for not existing]
Presentation of the project (20')[edit | edit source]
You can access the presentation in this link.
Hands-on work (30')[edit | edit source]
Participants will perform the following activities:
- Navigate through the skills
- Find a skill lesson
- Annotate a video lesson
- Link a video lesson with another skill
- Upload a video lesson
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- 1. Access the Global Surgical Training main page to navigate through skills.
- 2. Search for a specific skill (How to put on sterile gloves; How to suture a wound) and navigate through parent, sub and related skills using the infoboxes.
- 3. Visualize and interact with the structure of the video skill, observe:
- Title of the video
- Related skills
- Sub/Parent skills
- Video annotations
- Access a specific skill and edit it, according to your user:
|Test1||Donning and doffing sterile gloves|
|Test2||Dorsal pulse circulation|
|Test3||How to suture a wound|
|Test4||Lower extremity sensory|
|Test5||Sager Traction Splint Application1|
- 4. Add an annotation describing the video
- Click on "Add anotation"
- Go to the annotation section
- Click add
- Insert start and end time
- Insert a text comment describing the annotation
- Select a related skill describing the lesson
- Select a related tool used in the video
- Click Save
- Add information on parent, sub or related skills
- Click on the [add] option in the sidebar
- Go to the field of interest
- Select the appropriate skill
- Click Save
- 5. Each user will create a new skill and upload its video file
- Access the Global Surgical Training main page --> Create a new skill
- Input a title (see table below) and click Create
- Upload the corresponding video file (see table below)
- Complete necessary extra information
- Click save
|User||Skill to create||Video file|
|Test1||Application of Sager leg straps||File|
|Test3||Hare Traction Splint||File|
|Test4||NREMT Long Bone Immobilization||File|
|Test5||Bleeding Control/Shock Management||File|
Discussion and future steps (40')[edit | edit source]
We will be using Miro to document the discussion on the following questions:
- In which way do different users interact with this platform?
- Which are the most useful search and navigability criteria for finding the lessons we need?
- How can we improve the data model of video annotation?