Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Custom Built 3D Printable Motor
Some introduction text and background can go here.
Understanding the market
Things lacking from this design that are to be improved upon:
- There is a lot of expensive composite materials in this design. This can be cut down to improve cost savings.
- Being able to build your own at home can cut down on downtime and failures
- Product is designed for future applications to insert printed magnets.
- The design is parametric for different pole combinations.
The first prototype of the motor had clearance issues, and we are hoping to have this issue resolved through design iterations and slower print speeds. This has not been tested for comparison metrics, but once we get the magnets and ESC we will begin to track data.
- Create a repeatable and cost effective motor design
- Design magnetic slots for future applications
- Updating design for coil winding ease
- Track data to compare to market motors
3-D Printable Parts
- File:Rotor test.scad
- File:6N Stator Short.scad
- File:8P Rotor Short.scad
- File:8P Rotor Short V2.scad
- File:9N Stator Long.scad
- File:9N Stator Short.scad
- File:12N Stator Short.scad
- File:12P Rotor Short.scad
- File:Mount Bot V1.scad
- File:Mount Top V1.scad
- File:WindingPole Single.scad
Here are all the files for multiple motor poles and lengths
The next steps
Our teams next steps are to finish gathering materials, running tests and collecting data for comparison. We could fine tune our designs for tighter tolerances to get better efficiency.