This is the Operation and Maintenance (O&M) manual for CCAT rainwater catchment system. Please refer to it and keep it up to date with any O&M changes.
Operation[edit | edit source]
Operation is simple all it takes is the simple turn of 2 valves in order to let the water flow and then the directing of the outflow 1" PVC
Don't forget to check the first flush valve, in order to always keep it a 1/2 turn from full clockwise torque.
Maintenance[edit | edit source]
This is a mostly self-sustaining system, which needs little work, but is detailed in the schedule.
Schedule[edit | edit source]
This is when to maintain what.
- Every first rain of season
- Clean off catchment screen
- Make sure first flush nozzle is 1/2 turn open
- Inspect system for leaks or deterioration, patch with PVC cement where needed
- Introduce chlorine to the water to keep water healthy and not a breeding ground for bacteria and pests such as mosquitoes
Instructions[edit | edit source]
Don't forget to check the first flush valve to make sure it is constantly a 1/2 turn open!
Troubleshooting[edit | edit source]
|water is running not fully being captured by bucket||clean the screen and or gutters of debris|
|Does not allow water to flow||Make sure both valve closest to tank and that closest to garden are turned counter clockwise.|
|Water trickles instead of flows||turn pump on|