About this device
|Keywords||, , ,|
|Cost||USD $ 1.00|
|Hardware||CC BY-SA 4.0|
Customizable Bike Handlebar Plug designed using OpenSCAD.
Bill of Materials[edit | edit source]
- A bike with a handlebar
- 3D printed Bike Handlebar Plug
Tools needed[edit | edit source]
- Jellybox or similar RepRap 3-D printer
Skills and knowledge necessary to make the OSAT[edit | edit source]
- None except for having an OpenSCAD software in order to customize the plug.
Technical specifications and assembly instructions[edit | edit source]
- Both a .scad and a .stl file will be provided through a Github link for easy download. Files
- To successfully print the file make sure your printer is calibrated for a successful print, ie. the extruder produces enough filament for an accurate and reliable print.
- A print time is estimated to be roughly 50 minutes at a 20 percent infill rate. Times will change based upon individual printer settings.
- Assembly for the OSAT product takes seconds and involves taking the print and plugging it in the bike handlebar.
Common problems and solutions[edit | edit source]
- Make sure to customize the plug parameters using OpenSCAD software in case the default design doesn't fit the handlebar
Cost savings[edit | edit source]
- Normal price for Bike Handlebar Plug on the modern market ~$15
- A commercial equivalent can be found [1 1?ie=UTF8&qid=1493165780&sr=8-1&keywords=bike+handlebar+plug here]
- Average cost per commercial Bike Handlebar Plug $15, cost to produce a 3d printed Bike Handlebar Plug, < $1.00
Files[edit | edit source]
|Bike Handlebar Plug OpenSCAD model||Designed using OpenSCAD. File|
|Bike Handlebar Plug STL model||Designed using OpenSCAD. File|