- Basic Preparedness (PDF 1.1MB)
In this part of the guide, you will learn preparedness strategies that are common to all disasters. You plan only once, and are able to apply your plan to all types of hazards.
When you complete Part 1, you will be able to:
- Get informed about hazards and emergencies that may affect you and your family.
- Develop an emergency plan.
- Collect and assemble disaster supplies kit.
- Learn where to seek shelter from all types of hazards.
- Identify the community warning systems and evacuation routes.
- Include in your plan required information from community and school plans.
- Learn what to do for specific hazards. · Practice and maintain your plan.
In This Section
- Getting Informed
- Emergency Planning and Checklists
- Assemble Disaster Supplies Kit
- Hazard Specific Preparedness
- Practicing and Maintaining Your Plan
Last Modified: Thursday, 04-Jun-2009 11:38:47 EDT
- Contact Us
- Important Notices
- Download Plug-ins
- No FEAR Act Data
U.S. Department of Homeland Security | Federal Emergency Management Agency 500 C Street SW, Washington, D.C. 20472 Disaster Assistance: (800) 621-FEMA / TTY (800) 462-7585