Get our free book on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Engr308 Technology and the Environment/Potential research projects
These are research projects for Engr308 Technology and the Environment.
Potential research projects
Below are potential research projects. To claim yours after we discuss it in class:
- Log in
- Click edit on this page
- Put two asterisks (**) and your individual full names directly below the project you want
- Click save (you may want to preview it first).
Jefferson School Edible Landscape
- AEF greywater, AEF photovoltaic system, AEF informational kiosk, AEF solar water heater, AEF spiral herb garden
Laurel Tree Charter School
Contact Becca Schuler
- Laurel Tree Charter School energy use visualization, Laurel Tree Charter School three scoops three flavors benches, Laurel Tree Charter School ovenly inferno
- SCRAP Humboldt community tinker desk, SCRAP Humboldt parabolic wax melter, SCRAP Humboldt two pendulum harmonograph, SCRAP Humboldt upcycled bicycle trailer, SCRAP Humboldt upcycled checkout desk
- Campus Center for Appropriate Technology (CCAT)
- Greenshed: CCAT greenshed cob wall, CCAT greenshed north wall, CCAT greenshed west wall combine with CCAT Clay-straw slip wall, CCAT greenshed cordwood wall
- CCAT beachgrass slip wall
- SALIRAJA Yurt Project
- CCAT rainwater catchment system
- Pedal Power MEOW
- CCAT natural paint project, CCAT natural concrete stain
- CCAT Wash n Flush
- Earth oven: Need a page called CCAT earth oven take some stuff from - CCAT cob protection and beautification and http://www.pequals.com/at/natoven/applying the cob.htm and http://www.pequals.com/at/earthenoven/ (many broken links)
- CCAT remediation zone, CCAT's living roof
- CCAT green shed solar lighting
- CCAT earthship construction
- Jennie~Rose and NAME
- The main page and followups on some of the related links at Potawot
- The Potawot Swales and Stormwater treatment pond
- Pick which of these projects you want Practivistas Dominicana Program invitation#Projects
First you select projects to follow up on with a partner and reserved them here. Then, for each of the projects you selected, you will add a new section near the bottom of the selected project pages with the heading ==Update October 2013==. There you will add words, images, data, and/or video based upon your findings. You will need to completely read and understand the projects before you visit the projects. You will then need to visit (or call for non-local) the projects, take (or ask for if non-local) pictures and/or videos, assess the projects, and briefly interview at least one stakeholder about the project (to assess how well it is still working and what has changed).
Once you are done adding all of your updates to the project pages you selected, you will need to paste the URLs of your pages onto the Moodle assignment with a brief synopsis of what you added.
Later you will be presenting your findings to the class in an 8 minute presentation (powerpoint, prezi or video).