Appropedia needs your support - Please Donate Today
Development and feasibility of applications for the RepRap 3-D printer
| By Michigan Tech's Open Sustainability Technology Lab.
Wanted: Students to make a distributed future with solar-powered open-source 3-D printing.
|This page is part of an international project to use RepRap 3-D printing to make OSAT for sustainable development. Learn more.
Research: Open source 3-D printing of OSAT • RecycleBot • LCA of home recycling • Green Distributed Recycling • Ethical Filament • LCA of distributed manufacturing • RepRap LCA Energy and CO2 • Solar-powered RepRaps • solar powered recyclebot • Feasibility hub • Mechanical testing • RepRap printing protocol: MOST• Lessons learned • MOST RepRap Build • MOST Prusa Build • MOST HS RepRap build • RepRap Print Server
|MOST Applications of 3-D Printing|
|Open-source 3-D Printing on ABC News|
Wohlers Report 2014: the entire global market for 3D printing, including all products and services had the highest compound annual growth rate (CAGR) in 17 years — 34.9% — compared with an average of 27% over the past 26 years and a CAGR for the past three years (2011–2013) of 32.3%. Wohlers Report 2014 values the industry at $3.07 billion last year.
3D Printing Summary
- The road ahead for 3-D printers - at PricewaterhouseCoopers, Engineering.com
- an interview with Joshua Pearce
- Open source rapid prototyping of OSAT
- Energy Payback Time of a Solar Photovoltaic Powered Waste Plastic Recyclebot System
- Viability of Distributed Manufacturing of Bicycle Components with 3-D Printing: CEN Standardized Polylactic Acid Pedal Testing
- Mechanical testing of polymer components made with the RepRap 3-D printer
- Mechanical Properties of Components Fabricated with Open-Source 3-D Printers Under Realistic Environmental Conditions
- The Effects of PLA Color on Material Properties of 3-D Printed Components
- Life cycle analysis of distributed polymer recycling
- Applications of RepRap distributed production - literature review
- Evaluation of Potential Fair Trade Standards for an Ethical 3-D Printing Filament
- Mobile Solar Powered 3D Printer