Appropedia needs your support - Please Donate Today
Life cycle analysis of distributed polymer recycling
| By Michigan Tech's Open Sustainability Technology Lab.
Wanted: Students to make a distributed future with solar-powered open-source 3-D printing.
This project is supported by the following literature review: Life cycle analysis of polymer recycling literature review
|Recycling number||Image||Unicode||Alternate image||Symbol||Abbreviation||Polymer name||Uses|
|1||♳||U+2673||1-PETE||♳||PETE or PET||Polyethylene terephthalate|| Polyester fibres, thermoformed sheet, strapping, and soft drink bottles
(See also: Recycling of PET bottles)
|2||♴||U+2674||♴||♴||HDPE||High-density polyethylene||Bottles, grocery bags, milk jugs, recycling bins, agricultural pipe, base cups, car stops, playground equipment, and plastic lumber|
|3||♵||U+2675||PVC||♵||PVC or V||Polyvinyl chloride||Pipe, fencing, shower curtains, lawn chairs and non-food bottles|
|4||♶||U+2676||♶||♶||LDPE||Low density polyethylene||Plastic bags, 6 pack rings, various containers, dispensing bottles, wash bottles, tubing, and various molded laboratory equipment|
|5||♷||U+2677||♷||♷||PP||Polypropylene||Auto parts, industrial fibers, food containers, and dishware|
|6||♸||U+2678||♸||♸||PS||Polystyrene||Desk accessories, cafeteria trays, plastic utensils, toys, video cassettes and cases, clamshell containers, packaging peanuts, and insulation board and other expanded polystyrene products (e.g., Styrofoam)|
|7||♹||U+2679||♹||♹||OTHER or O||Other plastics, including acrylic, fiberglass, nylon, polycarbonate, and polylactic acid, and multilayer combinations of different plastics||Bottles, plastic lumber applications, Headlight lenses, and safety shields/glasses.|
|9 or ABS||ABS||Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene||High-impact and chemical-resistant extruded or molded objects|
- Open source rapid prototyping of OSAT
- Mechanical Properties of Components Fabricated with Open-Source 3-D Printers Under Realistic Environmental Conditions
- Mechanical testing of polymer components made with the RepRap 3-D printer
- Applications of RepRap distributed production - literature review
- Energy Payback Time of a Solar Photovoltaic Powered Waste Plastic Recyclebot System
- Distributed recycling of post-consumer plastic waste in rural areas
- Evaluation of Potential Fair Trade Standards for an Ethical 3-D Printing Filament
- "Plastic Packaging Resins". American Chemistry Council. http://www.americanchemistry.com/s_plastics/bin.asp?CID=1102&DID=4645&DOC=FILE.PDF. Retrieved 2011-08-22.