Get our free book on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Solar powered distributed customized manufacturing
| By Michigan Tech's Open Sustainability Technology Lab.
Wanted: Students to make a distributed future with solar-powered open-source 3-D printing.
|This page is part of an international project to use RepRap 3-D printing to make OSAT for sustainable development. Learn more.
Research: Open source 3-D printing of OSAT • RecycleBot • LCA of home recycling • Green Distributed Recycling • Ethical Filament • LCA of distributed manufacturing • RepRap LCA Energy and CO2 • Solar-powered RepRaps • solar powered recyclebot • Feasibility hub • Mechanical testing • RepRap printing protocol: MOST• Lessons learned • MOST RepRap Build • MOST Prusa Build • MOST HS RepRap build • RepRap Print Server
- Debbie L. King, Adegboyega Babasola, Joseph Rozario, and Joshua M. Pearce, “Mobile Open-Source Solar-Powered 3-D Printers for Distributed Manufacturing in Off-Grid Communities,” Challenges in Sustainability 2(1), 18-27 (2014). open access
- Mechanical testing of polymer components made with the RepRap 3-D printer
- Mechanical Properties of Components Fabricated with Open-Source 3-D Printers Under Realistic Environmental Conditions
- Development and feasibility of applications for the RepRap 3-D printer
- Viability of Distributed Manufacturing of Bicycle Components with 3-D Printing: CEN Standardized Polylactic Acid Pedal Testing
- Wood Furniture Waste-Based Recycled 3-D Printing Filament
- Life cycle analysis of distributed polymer recycling
- Recyclebot, Waste plastic extruder and Open source controller for polymer extruder
- Evaluation of Potential Fair Trade Standards for an Ethical 3-D Printing Filament
- Energy Payback Time of a Solar Photovoltaic Powered Waste Plastic Recyclebot System
- RepRapable Recyclebot: Open source 3-D printable extruder for converting plastic to 3-D printing filament
- Fused Particle Fabrication 3-D Printing: Recycled Materials’ Optimization and Mechanical Properties
- 3-D Printable Polymer Pelletizer Chopper for Fused Granular Fabrication-Based Additive Manufacturing
- Mechanical properties of 3-D printed truss-like lattice biopolymer non-stochastic structures for sandwich panels with natural fibre composite skins