Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
It is silly and wasteful not to just copy this kind of article from WP. Just put a note at the bottom saying that it was copied from WP on whatever date. Both sites use compatible copylefts. WP gets much more contributions, but everything there is always subject to partial or total deletion. Duplication is better than loss!-22.214.171.124 20:52, 12 November 2008 (UTC)
- Duplication can be good as a starting point, and I agree we should do more of it - adapting the articles to the focus here. But Appropedia is different from Wikipedia, and many of the contributions here would not be accepted there, because they want a more limited type of content. --Chriswaterguy 00:18, 13 November 2008 (UTC)
- I have just done this with some pages, including adapting Wikipedia:Bedbug to make Bedbugs and Control and treatment of bedbugs. It's a lot of work to do it well, but it's yields good pages that invite more contributions.
- See User:Chriswaterguy/Wikipedia pages to adapt for pages to adapt in future. It will only be practical on a large scale if we have a team of people doing it. --Chriswaterguy 19:44, 20 November 2008 (UTC)
I'd like for either Earthship and Earthships to be merged or for the latter to be retitled. I left a message on the talk page of User:Cuddles, creator of Earthships, to see which course of action they would prefer. --Ethan (talk) 21:52, 11 December 2015 (PST)
- Yes agree. Moribund (talk) 16:57, 17 February 2017 (PST)
- I decided to move that article to Original:Earthships to leave it in its original form, but we can easily merge in info where needed. The greater challenge I see with this article is that it's a copy-and-paste from the article on Wikipedia, from over eight years ago. If you'd like I can make a cleaned-up copy of the current Wikipedia article that can be merged in. I already made a separate article from one section of the Wikipedia article. --Ethan (talk) 22:54, 22 February 2017 (PST)