Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Hexayurt.com - Project Home - Burning Man Construction - Assembly - Plans - Mass Evacuation - Rapid Deployment - Materials - Infrastructure - Informatics - Education Concept - Research Agenda - Press - Contact - Events
All Hexayurt Project materials on this page placed into the public domain in accordance with this legal statement and by adding to these pages your release your edits under those terms.
Newsflash: we now have fire test data on R-MAX / Tuff-R. . Please read the Hexayurt Safety Information before building your hexayurt
We need expertise in logistics and manufacturing, as well as really needing expertise in:
- composting toilets
- wood gasification technology
- cheap solar system
- materials science relevant to tapes and adhesives, and UV resistance
- solar water pasteurization
If you would like to help with any of these tasks, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Images: how to handle the dozens and dozens of images we have kicking around
- Flickr? - good, but we don't own it, and it's not very permanent
- on the Wiki? slow to upload
- Same issue; we have a lot of unedited stuff which needs turned into proper video clips
- Then, the hosting issue. We have a lot of hosting via http://www.dreamhost.com/r.cgi?53212 - about 400 gig of storage, and about 10 times that much bandwidth. So we can do video. To a certain extent. But it won't scale against a real spike.
- text clean up
- Wikitext clean up. I used uneven capitalization in a lot of places. OOps. It should be *all lower case* or perhaps conformant to the WikiPedia norms. Anybody who is familiar with Wikipedia want to help us out?
- Currently being done. Let me know if it looks like it needs more after July 28th, 2007. --Lonny 15:58, 28 July 2007 (PDT)