Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
CCAT sunfrost refrigerator/OM
This is the Operation and Maintenance (O&M) manual for CCAT sunfrost refrigerator. Please refer to it and keep it up to date with any O&M changes.
The Sun Frost RF12 is a single compressor refrigerator freezer with a passive (no fans) cooling system. For convenience it is typically mounted on a 24" high cabinet. Sun Frost refrigerators and freezers are so outstandingly energy-efficient, powering a home with solar power or other low output energy sources is both feasible and affordable. All models are available in 12, 24, 48 volt DC, or 110 or 220 volt AC. In addition to high energy efficiency, Sun Frost offers amenities not found in conventional refrigerators, such as high humidity, food-saving storage, ultra-quiet operation and an easy-to-clean interior. (Sun Frost, RF-12 model page, 04/06/2014)
Manufacturer: Sun Frost
Contact: Address: 824 L St., Arcata, CA 95521,
Tel.: (707) 822-9095, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Model: RF-12, 110 Volt AC (Color: White)
Category: Refrigerator & Freezer
Daily energy use (kWh): 0.29 kWh/per day @ 70F, 0.47 kWh @ 90F/per day Energy Star® qualified
Freezer (inches): Height: 6.5’’, Width: 26’’, Depth: 21’’
Volume: 2.05 cf. (cubic feet)
Refrigerator(inches): Height: 24’’, Width: 28’’, Depth: 20.75’’
Volume: 8.07 cf. (cubic feet) Total volume: 2.05 cf. + 8.07 cf. = 10.02 cf. (cubic feet)
Exterior Dimensions: Height: 49.5’’, Width: 34.5’’, Depth: 27.75’’
Volume: 36 cf. (cubic feet)
Refrigeration: Single compressor, Refrigerant: R-12 (Since July 1994 R 134A)
Warranty: 2 years from the date of purchase
Insulation: Material: Polyurethane, Thickness: 2.5’’ - 4.5’’
35F - 44 F (Recommended for refrigerator section). 38 F in refrigerator section, results in 8 F when 70F in room and 15F in a 90F room. To locate the temperature control, open the freezer door and look up under the shroud.
If necessary. Frost build-up in the Sun Frost freezer is very slow because there is no air circulating between the freezer and refrigerator sections. The ice that forms in the freezer collects primarily on the ceiling. When defrosting the freezer section, the contents of the freezer may be transferred to the refrigerator section so they remain frozen. After the refrigerator has been turned off for about twenty minutes, the ice is easily removed in large pieces. There is no mop-up because the ice does not need to be melted, only separated from the flat ceiling. (3/4’’ thickness)
1. Check hinges and door seals
1. Avoid keeping the doors open if not needed.
2. Icing at the evaporator with humidity from warm room air is increasing the energy consumption and decreasing the performance of the fridge.
3. Defect hinges and door seals increase the icing process.
4. Check annually hinges and door seals.
5. Conduct defreezing at least one per year. (3/4’’ thickness)
6. Proper heat removal at the condenser and compressor on top of the fridge has to be ensured. Keep sufficient distance for air circulation (convection) to other objects. (6’’-8’’)
7. The drain tube may occasionally become clogged with food particles or mold. The tube can be cleaned by inserting a flexible wire into the tube. Mold growth can be prevented by occasionally putting several drops of bleach in the drain tube and in the gutter.
|Refrigerator and freezer are not cooling properly.||Avoid keeping the doors open if not needed. Check hinges and seals.|
|Fridge is leaking inside.||Make sure that the drain inside the refrigerator is not clogged.|
|Refrigerator and Freezer are to cold or not cold enough.||Make sure thermostat is set on 38 F.|