Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Validation of COVID-19 maker projects
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The following is a list of criteria for the design and deployment of DIY tools
Most commonly-seen projects are:
- DIY masks
Limitations of DIY initiatives
Use of maker tools
- Types of materials (PLA)
- Specialized tools are not available in all settings
- Has the device been successfully replicated by other makers?
- Does the
- Collaboration with health specialists
Recommended design criteria
- Availability of materials --to ensure easy replication, only widely-available material should be considered.
- Evaluating cost, required skill level and time requirements.
- Use of open hardware licenses.
- Focus on good documentation: teams should enlist people with documentation skills. We recommend the use of Open Know-How and DIN Spec 3105 as guidelines.
- Design with a large margin of error in mind.