Description[edit | edit source]
The following is a list of criteria for the design and deployment of DIY tools
Projects[edit | edit source]
Most commonly-seen projects are:
- DIY masks
Limitations of DIY initiatives[edit | edit source]
Use of maker tools[edit | edit source]
- Types of materials (PLA)
- Specialized tools are not available in all settings
Reproducibility[edit | edit source]
- Has the device been successfully replicated by other makers?
- Does the
Validation[edit | edit source]
- Collaboration with health specialists
Recommended design criteria[edit | edit source]
- Availability of materials --to ensure easy replication, only widely-available material should be considered.
- Evaluating cost, required skill level and time requirements.
- Use of open hardware licenses.
- Focus on good documentation: teams should enlist people with documentation skills. We recommend the use of Open Know-How and DIN Spec 3105 as guidelines.
- Design with a large margin of error in mind.