Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Check your preferences and be sure you verify your email address and turn on email notification if you'd like it -- you can find out when your talk page, or any page on your watchlist, is modified. Nice photo on your user page!
Feel free to leave me a note on my talk page if you have further questions, need help finding your way around or on your project. Check out some of the other Engr305 projects. If you want to try different types of mediawiki formating, feel free to muck around in the 305 sandbox. Most importantly remember to be BOLD in your edits to pages. Others will come along and help out.
Good luck on your project, --Lonny
Suggestions for improving Appropedia
Hi. I'm new to Appropedia. I've been editing Wikipedia for a long time.
Do I understand that you are working on a project to make improvements to Appropedia? If so, I have a number of suggestions.
(I believe that I am generally polite and not obnoxious. :-) )
-- Writtenonsand 19:37, 20 February 2008 (PST)
- Thx for your reply.
- I should perhaps clarify that I don't understand much about technical aspects, but that I'm interested in usability (also as a layperson in this field).
- One of the things that I was going to suggest was bots that we might want to run, but I see now that there's a page on this at Appropedia:Bot tasks.
- My personal ideas on usability follow pretty closely those of Jakob Nielsen (Alertbox) http://www.useit.com/alertbox/ ,
- e.g. Usability 101: Introduction to Usability - http://www.useit.com/alertbox/20030825.html
- and Top Ten Mistakes in Web Design - http://www.useit.com/alertbox/9605.html
- (These are a little old but he keeps doing follow-up studies on these issues and finds them still to be true.)
- -- I don't know what your views are on Nielsen - he tends to be loved or hated.
- -- Writtenonsand 04:36, 22 February 2008 (PST)