I was checking Recent Changes, and saw your wiki comparison page, with reference to "the budding permaculture wiki," and was wondering whether this was permaculture.wikia.com or a different one? If it's different it could be added to WikiNode. --Singkong2005 talk 02:03, 30 August 2006 (PDT)
- Singkong 2005: Yes, the "budding permaculture wiki" was the earlier mentioned http://permaculture.wikia.com. I added an inline link to clarify --Aaron Antrim 09:19, 30 August 2006 (PDT)
Nice Contributions[edit source]
Just wanted to say hi and thanks for the great recent contributions. I was also curious if you had checked out Promotion, and specifically Worldchanging submission, where your abilities would also be appreciated. Again, thanks for the great contributions. Hasta pronto --Lonny 20:56, 6 November 2006 (PST)
- Hi Lonny, while I helped take the Sunny Brae Yurt photos, and then crop, color adjust, and batch process them to put them up, the project is not mine and I only played an extremely small role in its construction. I've suggested to Russell Kramer, the yurt's architect and builder (who was enrolled in ENGR 305 Appropriate Tech until it was canceled), that he make future edits from his account. On the Worldchanging submission idea, do you have any particular suggestions for projects or pages which should be highlighted? How about the Parras program page? By the way, the recent changes to the front page and the left-hand nav links are fantastic and are making the site's organizational structure very easy to use! --Aaron 07:01, 7 November 2006 (PST)
Parras Sustainable Transportation Presentation[edit source]
Hi Aaron - just noticed that you deleted the content of Parras Sustainable Transportation Presentation. If that project/event is not relevant any more, it might still be good as a reference for others planning similar events. Some of the notes might also be worth adding to Category:Transportation. --Singkong2005 · talk 02:33, 8 November 2006 (PST)
Replied regarding sparse categories, transportation, bicycling[edit source]
Hi Aaron, I replied to your comment on my talk page. Am still on my way to Lonny's talk page regarding your topic moderation offer. --CurtB 14:23, 17 December 2006 (PST)
- Hi Aaron. I would like to talk with you about your offer to become a topic moderator. I think that you would be excellent in this postion. Since we are in the same town, I think that we should meet about it. In the mean time, please apply (post your name) at Apply to be a topic moderator. Thank you, --Lonny 02:08, 18 December 2006 (PST)
Hey, thanks Aaron. I love this resource, it's something I'd been thinking about a long time, but didn't quite have the skills to do myself. Best, --Lyle 05:34, 5 January, 2007
Rename from Transportation to Transport?[edit source]
Please see Category_talk:Transportation#Can we rename from Transportation to Transport? - thanks. --Chriswaterguy · talk 04:56, 20 February 2007 (PST)
Parras 2007[edit source]
Hey Aaron, thanks for getting in touch. I've been meaning to get ahold of you. Nothing particular, just let you know that we are working on the project. Carolyn, Jonathan, and Matt (Red Beard). The Perote hot water system was not hooked up to the pool system in the fashion that you guys had called for, so our first and primary goal at this point is rectifying that. The water is diverted to the roof before it enters the filter system by means of a 1/2 HP pump that is not designed to pump unfiltered water. The pump is also not strong enough for the job. We are in the process of recifying that. We might be able to expand the roof set up, but may leave that for next year. If you have anymore ?'s or comments, email me or put them on the discussion of the Perote Hot Water Page. Thanks, Matt climbingsurfer
Reverting page moves[edit source]
Hi Aaron - thanks for reverting vandalism at Car-Free Day. For future reference, in this case the page was moved, so the page history was at the new location. In this case the best way to tackle it is to move it back, which preserves the edit history.
Cheers --Chriswaterguy 07:21, 19 July 2008 (PDT)
Greek version of Appropedia[edit source]
Hi, I want to create a Greek version of Appropedia, do you know how I can do that? Thank you in advance.
Great to hear of your interest. Get in touch with User:Lonny to discuss this idea.
- I also left a note at User talk:Ioakar. Looking forward to hearing more! --Chriswaterguy 11:42, 28 May 2010 (UTC)
MediaWiki software and FCKeditor - technical question[edit source]
I'm a french trainee and I have work experience placement.
I have to draw up a website with MediaWiki and I haven't achieved to install FCKeditor (or Rich Editor) on. I see that in your website FCKeditor operates.
Could you please tell me which is your MediaWiki version number ? and how you install MediaWiki and FCKeditor ?
I use MediaWiki 1.15.4.
Thanks a lot
Here is my e-mail address : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hi Aaron and Virginie - I sent an email to you both. --Chriswaterguy 07:52, 2 July 2010 (UTC)
Hi! multilingual support issue[edit source]
we are raising an ecoindustrial postcapitalist ecovillage to produce sustainable ways of living, work, learn and share. we are developing http://autogestio.cat or http://web.archive.org/web/20171019091004/http://www.autogestionaos.net/ and we were trying to add a wiki platform for collaborative tutorials production, when we discover appropedia and we`ve got amazed.
we want to participate on the expansion of appropedia by creating content in spanish and catalan, and also translating the interface to these languages.
the thing is that we need multilingual support for that. I have been looking for this issue on mediawiki and i found that you can create site copies for each language and link articles on diferent languages by (http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Interlanguage_links)
we are very enthusiatic with the possibility of use appropedia and integrate it on http://autogestio.cat (by placing a search box and maybe list the content areas)
hope we could work together
- Hi Ariel,
- Mucho gusto! I am emailing you now. --Lonny 12:40, 21 May 2012 (PDT)