Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
I am a fourth year Biomedical Engineer at Michigan Technological University. I am a part of the Pavlis Honors College, both as a learning facilitator and as a student. In the Summer of 2019, I had the opportunity to go abroad to Tanzania with two other members from the college to work on aiding a small community with local problems (i.e STEM education). I am currently a member of the Michigan Tech Open Sustainability Technology Lab working on using recyclable material as filament to 3D-print prosthesis. I was a member of the Innovative Global Solutions Enterprise with the main task of designing, and constructing, the poly-carbonate packaging for a pandemic ventilator.
For my senior design project, I have been tasked with the overarching goal to produce a whale tag that can be used in real world applications. My team is a group of four that is in charge of updating the current whale tagging testing machine that previous teams have made, along with designing new tag ideas. We are also responsible for using the prototypes of the designed tags with the testing machine to collect data of how well the tag will perform in the real world.
When I am not in class, studying, or working, I participate with the Michigan Tech Mind Trekkers in bringing STEM awareness to kids across the country using interactive demonstrations.
- Creating Filament from the Recyclable Material to 3D-Print Prosthesis - Prosthetic_Plastic_Literature_Review
- Testing and Using the Lulzbot Bioprinter - Lulzot Bioprinter
- Waterproofing 3D-Prints: Waterproofing_3-D_prints_literature_review
References Used to Carry out Projects
- Recycle Bot: Recyclebot_v4.0ac
- Lulzbot Taz 6 Aerostruder: https://www.lulzbot.com/store/tool-heads/lulzbot-taz-aerostruder-tool-head
MSE4777 - Open Source 3D Printing Class