Biography[edit | edit source]
- I am a mechanical engineering graduate student at Michigan Technological University, specializing in Manufacturing, Quality, and Design.
- Contact Details:email@example.com | +1 906-370-7346
Publication[edit | edit source]
Past Work Relevant to Appropedia[edit | edit source]
- Increased the efficiency of manufacturing processes by NVA (non-value addition) reduction.
- Designed ventilated brake disc and performed static structural, thermal, and fatigue analysis on ANSYS.
- Improvement in toy car manufacturing process using lean tools.
WORK EXPERIENCE[edit | edit source]
Product Development Engineer[edit | edit source]
' Reackon Concrete Pvt. Ltd | Nagpur(OCT 2018- JUN 2019)
- Identified root causes of the issues and implemented short-term and long-term solutions to quality issues of the molds.
- Worked with external suppliers and Process Engineers to validate MFMEAs and PFMEAs respectively
- Collaborated with other departments to plan and assist in improving the manufacturing process and maintaining quality.
- Made changes to the workstations for better ergonomics and efficiency to increase efficiency by 30%.
- Streamlined the process by inventory management to reduce the lead times of the process by 65%.
- Created value stream maps to identify bottlenecks and utilized SMED to increase OEE by 20%.
Production Engineering Intern[edit | edit source]
Mahindra Vehicle Manufacturers Pvt. Ltd. | Pune, India (JUN 2018-SEP 2018)
- Led time studies and process improvement studies for various stations to enable production ramp up to 1600 cars/week.
- Saved $11,673 per month in manufacturing costs while working on energy reduction and cost reduction projects.
- Improved hood production line to increase production efficiency, from 120 hoods per shift to 180 hoods per shift.
- Installed Part locating pins for proper installation of the roof over the main body to reduce the quality issues by 15%.
- Improved overall labor effectiveness (OLE) by 20% using visual aids on shop floor and organizing training sessions.
- Maintained Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Engineering Standard Work to aid in process improvement.
ENGINEERING PROJECTS[edit | edit source]
Optimization of paper Car manufacturing process using Lean tools[edit | edit source]
- Simulated given material flow and found 76% reduction in cycle time is possible after using root cause analysis
- Used lean techniques like VSM, standardized worksheet to decrease the lead time by 82%
- Improved worker force utilization and reduced number of operators by 25%, using line balancing techniques
Quality control using statistical process control[edit | edit source]
- Implemented a statistical process control for the process of manufacturing bronze bushing.
- Analyzed the process capability (Cp and Cpk) and recommended corrective measures for continuous improvement.
Analyzing for process distribution and sampling error[edit | edit source]
- Performed root cause identification and analysis to identify problems and think of possible solutions.
- Advanced improvement in process capability by identifying, eliminating the common causes affecting the process
Manufacturing of Bench Vice using Additive Manufacturing Process[edit | edit source]
- Engaged in machine setup, post-processing for a model printed in Ultimaker S5.
- Conducted STL file corrections and estimates build and support material budget/prototype cost.
MSE 5621 Open Source Scientific Hardware[edit | edit source]
- Multichannel Pipette Literature Review
- Science hardware for children project
- Final project
|This user is a member with an interest and knowledge of Open Source Hardware.|
|This user is a member with an interest and knowledge of 3-D printing.|