Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Use of Mirrors and reflectors in PV systems
11. Performance Enhancement of PV Solar System by Mirror Reflection Rizwanur Rahman, and Md. Fayyaz Khan Department of EEE, United International University, Dhaka, Bangladesh. 6th International Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering ICECE 2010, 18-20 December 2010. 
- Methods for improving performance of PV
- Setup of Mirrors and their angles
12. MODELING THE SOLAR IRRADIATION ON FLAT PLATE COLLECTORS AUGMENTED WITH PLANAR REFLECTORS
JOSEPH W. BOLLENTIN and RICHARD D. WILK, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Union College, Steinmetz Hall, Schenectady, NY 12308-231 l, U.S.A. Solar Energy Vol. 55, No. 5, pp. 343 354, 1995, Copyright © 1995 Elsevier Science Ltd, Printed in the U.S.A. 
- Projection of system into the north-south plane for determining width ratios to evaluate reflected irradiation or shading.
- Projection of system into the horizontal plane for determining the area of collector receiving reflected radiation or the area of collector being shaded by the reflector
- Sky and ground reflected diffuse.
13. Optimization of operational and design parameters of plane reflector-tilted flat plate solar collector systems
H.M.S.Hussein, G.E.Ahmad M.A. Mohamad Solar Energy Department, National Research Centre, El-Tahrir Street, Dokki, Giza, Egypt. Energy Volume 25, Issue 6, June 2000, Pages 529-542 
- The area of the tilted collector illuminated by reflected beams from the reflector depends on the reflector-collector system geometry and Sun position.
- Various reflector-collector system and their collector at its optimum tilt angle.
- The South facing reflector provides higher yearly solar energy collection than the North facing one.
14. The enhancement of energy gain of solar collectors and photovoltaic panels by the reflection of solar beams
M.D.JPucar and A.RDespic, Institute of Architecture and Urban Planning of Serbia, Bul. revolucije 73/II, 11 000 Beograd, Yugoslavia Institute of Technical Science of the Serbian Academy of Science and Arts, Knez Mihailova 35, 11 000 Beograd, Yugoslavia. Energy Volume 27, Issue 3, March 2002, Pages 205-223 
- different types of collectors/photovoltaic panels using reflection of sunbeams.
- Irradiance and energy gain by PV panels.
- Inclination of the receiving surface led per se to increased irradiance and energy gain compared to the situation where the receiving surface was horizontal.
15. Feasibility study of one axis three positions tracking solar PV with low concentration ratio reflector
B.J.Huang, F.S. Sun, Department of Mechanical Engineering, National Taiwan University, Taipei 106, Taiwan, ROC Energy Conversion and Management Volume 48, Issue 4, April 2007, Pages 1273-1280. 
- Design: The conventional one axis sun tracking system requires continuous tracking using feedback or open loop control
- There are three touch switches mounted on the transmission gear of the frame for signal outputting to the control circuit and thus determines the stopping angle.
- The circuit will detect the signal as well as the relative sun position and actuate the motor to move to the next position, which faces the sun more closely.
- Analysis of total solar radiation incident upon the PV at various design parameters and PV tilt angles.
16. Solar thermal collector augmented by flat plate booster reflector: Optimum inclination of collector and reflector
HiroshiTanaka, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Kurume National College of Technology, Komorino, Kurume, Fukuoka 830-8555, Japan, Applied Energy Volume 88, Issue 4, April 2011, Pages 1395-1404. 
- Daily solar radiation increases with an increase in collector inclination in winter, and decreases with an increase in collector inclination in summer, since the solar altitude angle is high in summer and low in winter.