Move this page[edit source]
I want to move this page to Lonny's electricity basics, for the following reasons:
- Dissuade encyclopedic content by moving stuff off of category pages and onto more in-depth pages, such as tools, curricullum/lecture notes, etc.
- To encourage teacher's to use appropedia as a resource.
- And a couple of other reasons, but I have to run...
Any comments? Especially about the naming convention, or even the whole idea?
Thank you, --Lonny 09:36, 11 October 2006 (PDT)
- My question would be related to categorization. You say "move stuff off category pages", but then it gets harder to find by browsing. That is, it still seems like it should be part of "Topics" or "Curriculum" or similar category. --Curtbeckmann 15:02, 11 October 2006 (PDT)
- I meant to move some of the content off of the Category:Topics pages, and replace it with subcategories and articles inside of that Category:Topics. So the page, Electricity basics would be renamed Lonny's electricity basics, which would, in turn, be an article in Category:Electricity, as well as either Category:Curricullum or Category:Lecture notes. Note that there may eventually be other Name electricity basics pages that will show up in the same categories. What do you think? --Lonny 16:27, 11 October 2006 (PDT)
I find this page confusing. It should be a basic primer on electricity. The water analogy is in part helpful - but things go out the window when you start talking about series and parallel circuits in water before even saying what it is in electricity and why it's useful to know. Jarod997 (talk) 06:49, 6 May 2015 (PDT)