Solid Green Knowledge Search is a search engine that aims to search sites that provide solid info and analysis. Unlike some of the other custom searches on Appropedia, this includes copyright as well as open licensed information.
Use your judgement, as the info may still be wrong. (And we still need to separate out subsites that may contain different types of information - that's a slow process.)
It was first created 5 January 2011, is in Public Beta - it's usable, but in the early stages of choosing suitable sites.
That's a strange name[edit | edit source]
Maybe it is - please suggest a better name on the talk page.
Included sites[edit | edit source]
The initial focus is on English language sites - this can be changed later.
This search includes (so far):
- Government sites from the USA, Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the UK.
- Green and development wikis
- .edu domains for USA, Australia, New Zealand and the UK.
- Canadian universities, based initially on this List of Canada Universities. (Canadian universities don't use a consistent extension, unlike the other countries listed.)
- Planned: Organizations with a focus on knowledge sharing, including Practical Action, Village Earth.
- Planned: Multilateral organizations - UN & WB, incl WHO, FAO, OECD...
Please leave extra suggestions on the talk page.
Settings[edit | edit source]
"Search engine keywords": sustainability development climate design