Sanitation refers to the process of preventing human contact with waste, hereby preventing infection of humans. It hence involves the hygienic disposal or recycling of waste.
- For solid municipal waste and associated recycling, see Waste management
- For industrial waste, see Industrial waste
- For water only polluted with (non-)biodegradable soaps/detergents, see Greywater
- For water already polluted with excrement, see Wastewater
- For feces/urine, see manure, urine
[edit | edit source]
- Introduction to Low-cost Sewerage at SaniCon, which also has many other interesting pages about sanitation.
- SanPlat Homepage - "Large Scale Low Cost Sanitation at Lowest Cost." Note the Shareware link in the left column, listing useful free resources.
- Sandec's Compendium of Sanitation Systems & Technologies (5.4 MB) (low resolution, 4.0 MB)
- Water-Sanitation-Hygiene - Forum and technical resources for people bringing safe water, sanitation and hygiene to all.
- Drains Not Disease - Zambia, Television Trust for the Environment website. Describes ventilated improved pit latrines, and potential problems with pit latrines.
- Sanitation jobs in the international development sector