Jump to navigation Jump to search
Sanitation refers to the process of preventing human contact with waste, hereby preventing infection of humans. It hence involves the hygienic disposal or recycling of waste.
- For solid municipal waste and associated recycling, see Waste management
- For industrial waste, see Industrial waste
- For water only polluted with (non-)biodegradable soaps/detergents, see Greywater
- For water already polluted with excrement, see Wastewater
- For feces/urine, see manure, urine
[edit | edit source]
- Introduction to Low-cost Sewerage at SaniCon, which also has many other interesting pages about sanitation.
- SanPlat Homepage - "Large Scale Low Cost Sanitation at Lowest Cost." Note the Shareware link in the left column, listing useful free resources.
- Sandec's Compendium of Sanitation Systems & Technologies (5.4 MB) (low resolution, 4.0 MB)
- Water-Sanitation-Hygiene - Forum and technical resources for people bringing safe water, sanitation and hygiene to all.
- Drains Not Disease - Zambia, Television Trust for the Environment website. Describes ventilated improved pit latrines, and potential problems with pit latrines.
- Sanitation jobs in the international development sector