NOTICE The massive amount of information the Field Manual is to contain will soon make it unwieldy. To deal with this, separate wiki pages will be created for each chapter. The TIDES main page will remain as a table of contents, linked to each editable chapter within. This change will be executed in late April -- early May. Woody1 09:54, 27 April 2007 (EDT)
EDITING BEST PRACTICES
- Do not worry about making mistakes - all previous edits are saved in the database and can be recovered easily using the "history" button just above the document.
- Do use the little "edit" buttons on the side of the document rather than the edit button at the top of the document. The small edit buttons open only one section in your editor, and greatly reduce the odds of conflicting simultanious edits.
- Do sign your work. Click on the button (in Edit mode) which looks like a signature and it will insert some code into the document. This is important because we expect people who refer to the document to have questions, and having the person or persons responsible for each section will help with knowledge management issues.
- -Vinay Gupta 09:07, 16 April 2007 (EDT)
Field Manual for Transportable Infrastructures for Development and Emergency Support (TIDES)[edit | edit source]
Purpose: This "draft" manual identifies standard Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTP) and Service and Non Governmental Agencies (NGO) capabilities for the establishment of Transportable Infrastructures for Development and Emergency Support (TIDES). It sets forth TTP at the tactical "task" level to assist the planner/commander in the employment of resources in response to domestic or international disasters. EIPTs are meant to provide inexpensive, environmentally friendly, rapidly deployable and comprehensive shelter and living options for a transient population. Initial target populations include refugees, first responders and assistance personnel (NGOs, civil government, military personnel).
- Develop guiding principles and strategies for refugee and other transit populations
- Develop integrated set of best practices for hexayurt communities (using continual process improvement, technology improvement)
- Develop supporting training resources
- Develop supporting logistic infrastructure (building supplies, infrastructure components, etc.)
- Develop a collaborating community of practice.
Organization[edit | edit source]
Table of Contents[edit | edit source]