This page lists useful external links on photovoltaics
Education about photovoltaic cells[edit | edit source]
- Solar Power Naturally in the classroom - The curricular materials created for the School Power. The program includes 64 lessons that meet learning standards for New York State students in grades 5 through 12.
- A paper about harnessing the green purchasing power of universities to catalyze solar photovoltaic economies of scale: Joshua M. Pearce, "Catalyzing Mass Production of Solar Photovoltaic Cells Using University Driven Green Purchasing", International Journal of Sustainability in Higher Education, 7(4), pp. 425 – 436, 2006.
- Solar Power Beginner - An online resource that provides a basic understanding of photovoltaics and how they work. Features information on crystalline and thin-film solar panels as well as interviews with experts in the field.
- Solar Installation Guide - An online solar PV hub providing an understanding of installation and maintenance of solar PV energy systems.
Web sites for current information on PV[edit | edit source]
Current production: 10.7GW in 2009 
Useful government web sites on PV[edit | edit source]
- U.S. Department of Energy Photovoltaics Program
- National Center for Photovoltaics
- Sandia National Laboratories
- Million Solar Roofs
- Surviving Disaster with Renewable Energy
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory Photo Library
- Open PV Mapping Project from NREL
How to Afford PV Now[edit | edit source]
- DSIRE USA Economic Incentive Programs
- Grameen Shakti: microfinanced photovoltaic programme in Bangladesh
Designing Your Own PV system[edit | edit source]
- PV System Design Considerations
- Solar resources available for your area
- http://web.archive.org/web/20200222150341/https://rredc.nrel.gov/solar/pubs/redbook/ - Solar radiation data manual (mostly just U.S. data)
- http://www.roofray.com/ - A free site for estimating your home's solar electric potential using Google maps (works best in areas with good satellite map resolution)
- http://web.archive.org/web/20111111192438/http://www.iea-shc.org/outputs/task16/task_16_photovoltaics_in_buildings_p3.pdf - Large pdf with total sizing information for many regions.
- http://www.retscreen.net - Software, user manuals and case studies from Canada. This is an excellent resource.
- http://web.archive.org/web/20180305040019/http://www.energy.ca.gov:80/reports/2003-03-11_500-03-014F.PDF - buyers guide to PV systems
- http://www.pequals.com/at/pvbarn/ - Example design of a photovoltaic barn
- https://www.appropedia.org/Photovoltaic_system_at_St._Jude%27s_church - Project summary of 8.4kW PV system on a church
- DIY Solar Power A practical guide to energy self sufficiency.
- BioDesign: organisation learning people to make their own PV panels
- Barefoot College, India: organisation learning people to make their own PV panels
General Resources[edit | edit source]
- Photovoltaics FAQ
- Photovoltaic CD-ROM for free
- EnergyPlanet-Photovoltaic Site Directory
- Kyocera Presentation on PV
- Solar Power Beginner
- -Desert Knowledge Solar Centre - Australian Government test site on PV info
Misc[edit | edit source]
- Tools for predicting sun angles, position, path, and overhang designs
- CCAT's Mobile Energy On Wheels
- China's Solar Push More than Just Low-Cost? - developments and investment suggestions in photovoltaic manufacturing.
- Applied Materials Fab 2 Farm concept