Open Source Inkjet Printers[edit | edit source]
- A prototype created by Nicholas C Lewis
- This shield allows you to connect a HP C6602 inkjet cartridge to your Arduino turning it into a 96dpi print platform
There are a lot of interesting possibilities for the use of such DIY open source inkjet printers to create appropriate technologies for sustainable development.
- avoiding unnecessary plastic parts in most commercial printers
- avoiding shipping carbon-fingerprint cost
- fully customization and artistic projects
- when your printer will break down, you won't buy a new one like nowadays with commercial printers, you'll just replace or fix the part that is malfunctionining in your open source.
- no more planned-obsolence chips or drivers added by the manufacturer to force keep replacing their expensive ink cartridge.
- Replacing commercial inkjet printers
- Egg-bot or circular printers like this pingpong printer
- Ticket or Barcode printer , Little Printer example, Toilet paper printer idea
- More secure printer, e.g. for printing QR-Codes of cryptographic keys (many commercial printers on the market allow recovering recently printed documents from memory)
- Adding more print cartridge (only HP C6602 inkjet supported at the moment)
- Creating an open source print cartridge. forum discussion