Social bookmarking[edit | edit source]
See also this review of Social Bookmarking Tools.
Useful bookmark categories:
- appropriatetechnology OR appropriate-technology at del.icio.us. Note that a hyphen is used between two words, to make it a phrase search. (Quotation marks also work.)
- international-development International-development at del.icio.us.
- AIDG's bookmarks - appropriate technology related.
- Ethanz's bookmarks - development related.
- Cgfoz's bookmarks - appropriate technology.
- Nopanacea's bookmarks - Appropriate technology.
- United Diversity's Bookmarks (Josef Davies-Coates - this is also used as a feed in Appropedia's Identica & Twitter accounts)
Also see DiggLicious, which combines Digg with the del.icio.us site's links, on one site. (This actually combines them, rather than imitating, so any links in del.icio.us are also seen here and vice versa.)
Technical databases[edit | edit source]
- GrayLIT Network. Searches unclassified and declassified US government scientific and engineering papers. (Research for government or military purposes may have broader applications in development applications and efficient design.)
Online magazines[edit | edit source]
- developments - The International Development Magazine. A free quarterly magazine produced by the UK's Department for International Development to increase awareness of development issues.
Podcasts and radio transcripts[edit | edit source]
- The BBC World Service sometimes has information on developing world issues such as public health, affordable medicine, and toilets. E.g. see this transcript page and follow the links at the top. (See also the BBC podcast trial page - but it may be hard to find relevant topics).