Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Green Building Pre-Apprenticeship Program
Humboldt County, in partnership with College of the Redwoods and the California Conservation Corps, provides free green building training and hands-on experience for less advantaged young adults (18-24 years old) from Mendocino, Humboldt, Del Norte and Trinity counties.
The third training cohort started January 24th, 2011 for 13 weeks. The deadline to apply was Friday, Dec. 17, 2010.
The training includes:
- Introduction and Teamwork (1 day)
- Introduction Green Building (2 weeks)
- OSHA (10 hour)
- Energy Fundamentals (2 weeks)
- Retrofits and Energy Efficiency (2 weeks)
- Water Efficient Buildings and Retrofits (2 weeks)
- Solar Hot Water Installation and Design Principles (2 weeks)
- Solar PV Installation and Design Principles (2 weeks)
- In addition, the program offers workforce entry skill development at the Eureka Adult School and job placement assistance upon completion of the program.
Contact Laura Chancellor, The Job Market StepUp Program Coordinator at (707) 445-6226 for more information.