Humboldt County, in partnership with College of the Redwoods and the California Conservation Corps, provides free green building training and hands-on experience for less advantaged young adults (18-24 years old) from Mendocino, Humboldt, Del Norte and Trinity counties.
Details[edit | edit source]
The third training cohort started January 24th, 2011 for 13 weeks. The deadline to apply was Friday, Dec. 17, 2010.
The training includes:
- Introduction and Teamwork (1 day)
- Introduction Green Building (2 weeks)
- OSHA (10 hour)
- Energy Fundamentals (2 weeks)
- Retrofits and Energy Efficiency (2 weeks)
- Water Efficient Buildings and Retrofits (2 weeks)
- Solar Hot Water Installation and Design Principles (2 weeks)
- Solar PV Installation and Design Principles (2 weeks)
- In addition, the program offers workforce entry skill development at the Eureka Adult School and job placement assistance upon completion of the program.
Contact[edit | edit source]
Contact Laura Chancellor, The Job Market StepUp Program Coordinator at (707) 445-6226 for more information.