For this assignment, create a userpage at Appropedia. Include a photograph, information about you, your interests and your experience.
While it would be ideal to see your real name and image there, please feel free to keep this information and photo very anonymous and vague, especially if you have any discomfort sharing publicly.
Instructions[edit | edit source]
If you haven't already, create a new Appropedia account following the steps listed on Help:Create account. Make sure to:
- Create a user name that easily identifies you.
- Set a strong password.
- Confirm your email address.
Use this as an opportunity to test how a wiki works. If you're curious about what you can do here on Appropedia, please check Help:Editing.
Make sure to:
- Use your name (or a pseudonym), and location (for students, this is not mandatory —feel free to stay more anonymous if you desire).
- Edit the placeholder photo to include one that you own (a photo of you, your pet or a nice scenery are good choices).
- List your professional information.
- Include your affiliation (i.e. Cal Poly Humboldt).
- List at least three skills and interests related to the course.
Video Tutorials[edit | edit source]
Check these videos for a reference on how to create your account and user page.
Evaluation Criteria[edit | edit source]
Requirements[edit | edit source]
- Correct format (replaced ALLCAP text, includes category, etc.)
- Includes (non-copyrighted image)
- Quality content
- Link posted to Canvas.
|10||Met all of the requirements and added something extra such as internal links, additional info, etc.
Image is named something unique, e.g. YOURUSERNAMEHSUBEACH.jpg (to avoid overwriting other images on this platform).
|9||Met all of the requirements.|
|8||Met 80% of the requirements.|
|7||Met about half of the requirements.|
|5||An attempt at a user page.|
|0||Not submitted and/or image name is not unique.|