DETAILED POSITION REQUIREMENTS[edit | edit source]
Bachelors or Masters degree in mechanical or electrical engineering with at least 5-7 years of experience participating in and leading product development and engineering teams. Experience in developing electrical power solutions necessary. Experience working with suppliers in low cost countries and Mandarin language skills a plus. The individual is required to be based in CPG headquarters in Minneapolis for the first 4-6 months, location thereafter is flexible.
WORK DESCRIPTION & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES[edit | edit source]
This individual will be responsible for leading the entire technical development of ultra low cost power solutions from concept development through product launch. The individual will be a critical part of a new venture to develop innovative power generation solutions for non electrified populations in developing countries. The individual will work in an extremely fast paced and entrepreneurial environment with a focus on results.
This individual will participate in brainstorming 'clean slate' solutions that meet customer requirements and then lead development of these solutions from concept phase through proof of concept, prototype development and product launch within a very short time frame. The individual will lead a small team of engineers, designers and technicians, manage outsourcing of key tasks and coordinate with component suppliers. The position will require travel to developing countries to better understand customer context and requirements and will entail working closely with potential suppliers.
Specific Tasks are as follows[edit | edit source]
- Giving clear technical direction and leadership to the project and manage
team members and outsourcing tasks across multiple time zones
- Concept development
- Development of technical profile and component specifications.
- Technical management of vendors
- System modeling (dynamic stress analysis, energy systems)
- Ensuring cost control through value engineering and design for
CRITICAL PERFORMANCE SKILLS[edit | edit source]
- Excellent knowledge and experience in mechanical and electrical systems
(engines and generators)
- Modeling of electro mechanical systems
- Product development processes
- Must be a self starter, able to work without close supervision and work
lead technical teams
- Demonstrated initiative and passion
- Knowledge of engine performance and durability development
- Knowledge of basics of rotating electromagnetic machines
- Good understanding of control of engine-generator systems
- Knowledge of solid state regulator design, battery charging
- Creative thinker with a 'can do' attitude
Contact[edit | edit source]
Ajay Gupta (ajay.1.guptacummins.com)