I have wanted to get a 3D printer since I 3D printed in my junior year of high school. One of the main goals I had in creating this printer was to have a machine that was capable of printing flexible filament well. I decided on building my own (rather than just buying one), because I determined after some research and talking to others that it would be more cost effective to build a printer to my wanted specifications than to buy another printer off the market and retrofit it with the necessary parts to print flexibles as I was wanting it to do.
Project goals[edit | edit source]
- Build a 3D printer capable of printing quality flexible filament prints.
- Keep the cost of the whole project around 500$.
Design[edit | edit source]
Costs[edit | edit source]
Coming soon I wish to update the BOM provided when I started with the parts that I used.
Next steps[edit | edit source]
I still have more assembly to do, and I wish to keep updating this page until the design and assembly are final (or as close to that it can be).
Conclusions[edit | edit source]
No conclusions yet, however in the meantime, I would like to note that I have been having a blast putting this all together.
Contact details[edit | edit source]