Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Community Created Humboldt/Jan 23 10/Normalizing Marijuana
Normalizing Marijuana for Community Benefit Proceedings
- Vague laws
- Environmental impact
- Home fires
- Home invasions
- Loss & Cost of housing
- Impending legalization – large no. of homeowners depend on marijuana income and may lose homes and land
- Health issues
- Educational/motivational interference
- Divides the community
- Income/jobs- allows food farmers to survive economically while growing food for community; growers have more free time, less stress, volunteer in community
- Medical & mental health benefits
- Self employment
- Recreational use (as opposed to alcohol, what is healthy?)
- On –going economic base for the county
- How to regulate specifically?
- No commute to work, using grow room heat to heat other parts of house and winter greenhouse; heat discourages ants & mold; increases amount of organic matter, soil available to grow other vegetables and other plants
- Growing is self employment that allows single moms to stay home, raise kids, volunteer, etc.
- Trademark issues
- Business center
- Need business level policy discussions/preparation for economic impact of legalization
- Clarifying 215 law at CA state, Humboldt county and city rules and regulations
- Reframe conversation in community from legalization vs. non legalization to “Appropriate legalization”
Theme: Prepare for legalization: What is appropriate legalization?
Involve all shareholders Address all issues Create a business center