Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Borax has antiseptic, antifungal, antibiotic, disinfectant and deodorising properties. In its powdered form, it dissolves easily in water.  It can inhibit the growth of mould and mildew.
Borax is poisonous if ingested. Hence, it must be kept out of reach of children and animals and it must be used with care.
Borax is usually found in the laundry section of supermarkets and some pharmacies.
There may be restricted access to borax in some places -- it is considered a possible reproductive risk. As such, persons who are pregnant, nursing or raising children should not handle or use borax. Since borax can be consumed naturally, some authorities are concerned about multiple exposure and accumulation of effects. As such, household use of borax should be done with great care and plenty of research as the research continues to be translated into impacts and consequences of individual uses.
Sources and citations
|This page is a "stub" - it needs more content.
You are invited to.