Water Analysis for Yearling Ponds One and Two[edit | edit source]
The information on this page is credited to Dr. George Allen of the Fisheries Dept. from a study done in 1990.
Facts[edit | edit source]
- The effluent entering the ponds from wastewater has been both disinfected and dechlorinated.
- During the winter months the pond never gets below 7o c.
Statistics for the Ponds[edit | edit source]
- mean temp= 10.5o c for pond one and 10.5o c for pond two
- salinity (ppt)= 12.7 for pond one and 13.6 for pond two
- pH 7.7 and 8.0
- Dissolved Oxygen (mg/L) is 8.8 and 10.7
- Clarity (cm) with use of the secki disc 90+ and 70+ for pond two.
- Pond one is said to be cleaner than pond two because of the higher population of phytoplankton in pond two.