We continue to develop resources related to the COVID-19 pandemic. See COVID-19 initiatives on Appropedia for more information.
Arcata Water Analysis
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Water Analysis for Yearling Ponds One and Two
The information on this page is credited to Dr. George Allen of the Fisheries Dept. from a study done in 1990.
- The effluent entering the ponds from wastewater has been both disinfected and dechlorinated.
- During the winter months the pond never gets below 7o c.
Statistics for the Ponds
- mean temp= 10.5o c for pond one and 10.5o c for pond two
- salinity (ppt)= 12.7 for pond one and 13.6 for pond two
- pH 7.7 and 8.0
- Dissolved Oxygen (mg/L) is 8.8 and 10.7
- Clarity (cm) with use of the secki disc 90+ and 70+ for pond two.
- Pond one is said to be cleaner than pond two because of the higher population of phytoplankton in pond two.