Robin deterrent for solar charger
 Solar Charger Robin Deterrent
 Robins were causing shading on the solar panel
This shading was interfering with the efficiency of the panel. This was causing extra work for the farmer, it is a long walk back to replace the battery with a fresh one from the barn where there is a 110v charger. After replacing the battery the panel had to be cleaned off as well.
 Attaching these pieces of wire made the solar panel an unattractive perch
 Materials List
- Wire, I used steel, about 18 gauge
- Wire cutters or pliers
 Order of operation
- First cut the wire into pieces about 8 inches long
- Wrap the wire around somewhere and twist it like a twist tie. I used the handle of the charger as an attachment point.
- Bend the wires around so that they stick up menacingly at the pesky robins. Be careful not to bend the wire so that it shades the panel.
- After the wires were in place the robins quit perching on the solar charger.
- After a rain storm the wires started to rust, consider stainless steel wire.