Conceived by the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), the ENGINEERING FOR CHANGE project is an online community owned and operated by Engineering for Change, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of ASME. It is dedicated to providing solutions to fundamental quality-of-life challenges in underserved communities throughout the world. These challenges may pertain to any number of basic needs, such as clean water, energy, sanitation, housing and transportation. Our vision is to enable information-sharing, collaboration and interaction among organizations working “in the field,” and problem solvers registered on the site.
Engineering for Change uses open source technology to provide an easy-to-access medium for NGOs and local organizations to find answers to specific challenges. It also provides engineers and other problem solvers an accessible way to contribute their technical skills and know-how to the communities that need it most. While developed by ASME, Engineering for Change is open to and part of the entire engineering community.
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "Engineering"
The following 94 pages are in this category, out of 94 total.
- Energy efficient laptop computers
- Energy efficient power supplies for desktop computer
- Energy monitoring
- Energy Star Monitors
- Portal:Energy storage
- Energy-efficient PC/workstations
- Energy-efficient printers
- Engineering for sustainable development
- Portal:Engineering for Sustainable Development
- Engineering, Social Justice and Peace
- Ethanol-based hand sanitizer
- Server Virtualization
- Service learning in engineering
- Simple Small Scale Rainwater Capture and Distribution System for a typical Western Style Home
- Solar Chimney
- Solar cooking and development of solar cookers
- Solar Cooking and the Box Cooker: Technology and Development
- Solar fuel alcohol distillation
- Solar water purification system with solar heating
- Portal:Sustainable energy storage
- Swale Design for Watershed Management