We continue to develop resources related to the COVID-19 pandemic. See COVID-19 initiatives on Appropedia for more information.
Jump to navigation Jump to search
List of common materials
- Concrete can be made using cement (regular or eco-cement) or from vulcanic ash (pozzolana) -or alternatively brick dust- and hydrated lime. Waterproof concrete can be made using vulcanic ash and clay.
- galvanized steel is waterproof, resistant to rusting,
- stainless steel is also resistant to rust, unlike regular steel 
- recyclable plastics such as PE, PP, PVC, PS, SB; PSE, ABS PMMA, PTFE, PA, PC, PUR, EP, UP and PET. ISF has made 2 documents on how respectively discarded plastics and aluminum can be salvaged and reused in developing countries.
- Adobe (including the variation called Super Adobe),
- Rammed earth,
- Compressed earth block,
- Dutch brick,
- Animal products,
- and/or other green building materials
|This page is a "stub" - it needs more content.
You are invited to.