Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Revision as of 19:51, 30 September 2011 by Chriswaterguy (→Interwiki links: Category:Business Category:Sustainability)
Aspects of sustainability in the office:
- Building design - passive solar, natural lighting
- Choose a moderate temperature - air conditioner no lower than 26 deg C, or if heating, the thermostat should be no higher that (20 deg C?), or lower if people are accustomed to lower temperatures.
- Use energy efficient lighting.
- Choose a location where employees and visitors can arrive by public transport, cycling and/or walking.
- Operate electronically as far as possible, to minimize usage. This requires a very careful process of backing up electronically.
- Turn lights off when not required.
- Energy - choose a green energy option where possible. This generally requires a paying a little extra - do your calculations.
- Waste management - separate your waste streams, and ensure each is processed sustainably.
- Encourage use of public transport, cycling and/or walking to work:
- Find out what would make this easier for employees, e.g. flexible start and finish times, and a change room for cyclists
- How to Go Green at Work - wikiHow.
|This page is a "stub" - it needs more content.
You are invited to.