Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Volunteer matching sites
A number of volunteer matching sites exist to help you find a meaningful way to contribute to change while learning from experience; or for finding helpers for your NGO.
- Start looking early - it's hard to predict how long it will take to find good people. Also allow for some volunteers - even most volunteers - not following through. Good intentions don't necessarily translate to action, and remember you're not paying them.
- Keep looking, stay positive, encouraging and appreciative of people's desire to help.
- Put most of your specific efforts in engaging into those who demonstrate real action. Some of those who fall through now may still be interested later, especially if prompted by an email. (Just don't spam them!)
- Treat volunteers with respect - make their time worthwhile, and be sure they know they are appreciated.
- Volunteer Match?
- UNV Online Volunteering Service - from UN Volunteers
- Two Bob's Worth (Beta) - Australian focus, but open to all.
- Geeks for Peace (Australian, on Facebook)
|This page is a "stub" - it needs more content.
You are invited to.